[council]

Re: [council] Task Forces and diversity

YJ,
ref your question on "ICANN relevant organisation" in our rules of procedure.

What are we trying to avoid?
Domination of a sub-group by a vested Interest

How do we define vested interest?
Difficult!  This is why we came up with the phrase "ICANN relevant organisation".
This allows exclusion of domination by a vested interest.

What is an "ICANN irrelevant" organisation?
The Boy Scouts, International Bird Watchers League, International Public Relations Association etc  i.e. if two people are members of the same organisation, this should not be absolute grounds for exclusion.

How do we define "ICANN relevant organisation" ?
The rules say: "An ICANN-relevant organisation is defined as one that any NC member considers to be ICANN-relevant. "

If an NC member says Versign is "ICANN -relevant" we all agree. If an NC member says the Boy Scouts are relevant, there may be disagreement. If so we can talk about it on the NC.

Hope this helps.
Philip