[council]

Re: [council] Task Forces and diversity

Philip,

Thank you for your clarification for "geographical diversity" in principle.

> With regard to the UDRP task force, this is a special task force as
> foreseen under 3.5 of our rules of procedure:3.5 Variations Specific
> variations to the above guidelines may exist within the DNSO rules
> of procedures, such specific variations taking precedence. Any other
> variation requires the approval of the NC.

> You will recall the NC voted to approve the terms of reference
> proposed to set up this TF. I believe that the Chair worked hard to
> embrace geographical diversity but was of course subject to the
> limitation of the nominees received. In this case I believe diversity
> has been created in other ways - by the expertise on the issues.

This reminds me of our previous discussion on NC Task Force
Composition Issue. (I attached my previous response to you below.)

As I urged earlier, the rules should be predictable and consistent.
NC should work to make rules more credible rather than gullible.

On the other hand, we can continue our previous discussion which
you didn't respond well.

"what are ICANN-relevant organizations?"
What is the purpose to create this kind of term?
What are we aiming at creating ICANN-relevant vs ICANN-irrelevant
organizations within ICANN structure?

YJ