[council]

Re: [council] Non-Council Member Participation

Milton,

It does matter and it will be a issue.

> But here again I think it is not much of a problem.
> Remember, these non-member participants cannot
> vote where it really matters, on the NC. And they
> are selected by NC members who are all from different
> geographic regions.

It is not even clear at this current stage whether each constituency
can come up with its own non-council members on the voluntary basis
or there will be selection by each constituency NC members or not.

If you want to select those non-council member upon the NC decision,
that should be first recognized by the constituency, whether the
constituency is going to allow such selection power to NC or not.

i.e. Non-commercial constitucny does not describe at all in its bylaws.

> So it doesn't matter whether the helpers are
> geographically representative or not. What matters
> is whether they can help.

Aagain, it matters.

Those helpers can be good at technical expertise such as legal,
business, technical-technical fields in the several countries.

They will not bring broader views to NC, DNSO, ICANN how the rest
of the world are thinking of the certain issues. If this policy is going to
affect only those several countries, nobody cares.

However, those policies are to be meant to affect so-called "globally"
you should not exclude any region or any specifc places in the name
of expertise.

YJ