[council]

Re: [council] Non-Council Member Participation

Good questions, too.

But here again I think it is not much of a problem.
Remember, these non-member participants cannot
vote where it really matters, on the NC. And they
are selected by NC members who are all from different
geographic regions.

So it doesn't matter whether the helpers are
geographically representative or not. What matters
is whether they can help.

>>> Elisabeth Porteneuve <Elisabeth.Porteneuve@cetp.ipsl.fr> 06/22/01 05:42 AM >>>

Thank you very much Philip for your comments.

Let me add two more:

1. The ICANN Bylaws makes compulsory the geographic regional
   representation to the Names Council. What about a non NC members ?
2. We may have some Constituencies with a lot of non NC members
   participating to the NC commitees, and some with none. How
   then we take care about equal participation from 7 interest
   groups ? Same question about geographic representation ?

Elisabeth