ICANN/DNSO
DNSO Mailling lists archives

[council]


<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Re: [council] NC telecon, 8 Feb 2001 (5:00 LA, 9:00 New York, 14:00 Paris), agenda


it was my understanding that the times were to be rotated...

i would also point out that 09:00 usa EST is 06:00 California time... (not
05:00)
given that the time was already announced.....

i have made other committments and would not be able to make the alternate
time proposed here

ken stubbs

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dany Vandromme" <vandrome@renater.fr>
To: "aus der Muhlen, Axel" <Axel_ausderMuhlen@mpaa.org>; "'DNSO
Secretariat'" <DNSO.Secretariat@dnso.org>; <council@dnso.org>
Sent: Saturday, February 03, 2001 11:58 AM
Subject: Re: [council] NC telecon, 8 Feb 2001 (5:00 LA, 9:00 New York, 14:00
Paris), agenda


on 30/01/01 9:08, aus der Muhlen, Axel at Axel_ausderMuhlen@mpaa.org wrote:

>
> Why was the time for this call changed?  We all agreed that telecons
should
> be scheduled between 6:00 am and 11:00 pm local time.  Thus, this call
> should be scheduled for the same time as the last Jan 24, 2001, telecon,
> i.e., 13:00 LA, 16:00 New York, 22:00 CET, 6:00 next day Japan/Korea, 8:00
> Melbourne.
-
This time, I agree with Axel.
As mentionned already, I will not be able to make it at 2:00 pm CET (8:00 am
EST), but it would be OK for 10:00 pm CET (4:00 pm EST) as for the Jan 24th
teleconf

Regards
-
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: DNSO Secretariat [mailto:DNSO.Secretariat@dnso.org]
> Sent: Monday, January 29, 2001 6:08 AM
> To: council@dnso.org
> Subject: [council] NC telecon, 8 Feb 2001 (5:00 LA, 9:00 New York, 14:00
> Paris), agenda
>
>
>
>
> [ To: council@dnso.org ]
> [ To: announce@dnso.org, ga@dnso.org ]
>
> [ cf. http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/20010208.NCtelecon-agenda.html ]
>
> ICANN/DNSO
>
> DNSO Names Council Teleconference on 8 February 2001 - agenda
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> 29 January 2001.
>
> The NC teleconference on 8 February will discuss items which could not be
> considered on 24 January call because of lack of time.
>
> Date, time, phones and webcast
>
> 1. The Names Council teleconference will be held on 8 February at the
> following time:
>
> (5:00 LA, 8:00 US East Coast, 14:00 CET, 22:00 Japan/Korea, 24:00
> Melbourne)
> ------------------------------------------------------------
> Local time between November and end March, WINTER in the NORTH
> hemisphere
> ------------------------------------------------------------
> Reference (Coordinated Universal Time)     UTC         13:00
> ------------------------------------------------------------
> California, USA                            UTC-8+0DST   5:00
> Missouri, USA                              UTC-6+0DST   7:00
> Monterrey, Mexico                          UTC-6+0DST   7:00
> Washington DC, USA                   (EST) UTC-5+0DST   8:00
> St.Thomas, Virgin Islands                  UTC-4+0DST   9:00
> Santiago, Chile                            UTC-4+1DST  10:00 since 15
> Oct
> Buenos Aires, Argentina                    UTC-3+0DST  10:00
> Nouakchott, Mauritania                     UTC+0+0DST  13:00
> London, United Kingdom                     UTC+0+0DST  13:00
> Brussels, Belgium                    (CET) UTC+1+0DST  14:00
> Barcelona, Spain                     (CET) UTC+1+0DST  14:00
> Frankfurt, Germany                   (CET) UTC+1+0DST  14:00
> Paris, France                        (CET) UTC+1+0DST  14:00
> Seoul, Korea                               UTC+9+0DST  22:00
> Tokyo, Japan                               UTC+9+0DST  22:00
> Melbourne, Australia                      UTC+10+1DST  24:00 since 27
> Aug
> ------------------------------------------------------------
> The DST starts/ends on last Sunday of March (with some exceptions)
> ------------------------------------------------------------
> For other places see http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/
>
> 2. The teleconference bridge will be provided by (TBD)
>
> 3. The NC will not be webcast due to budget constraints.
>
> Dial in number: (TBD)
>
> Passcode: (TBD)
>
> Conference leader: (TBD)
>
> Conference moderator: (TBD)
>
> 10 ports "listen only" will be reserved for remote
> participants
>
> The full participants are the 18 NC members as listed in
> http://www.dnso.org/constituency/ncmembers.html, DNSO
> Secretariat and ICANN Officers
>
> The conference Scribe will be Maca Jamin
>
> Agenda and related documents
>
> Philip Sheppard will be chairing the NC teleconference.
>
> Schduled time for meeting -120 mins. Allotted time - 100 mins.
>
> 1. Budget Committee - revisiting the recommendation on 2001 budget and
> constituency contributions (Roger Cochetti) - 30 mins
> o Status of Constituencies Contributions to the DNSO for 1999 and
> 2000
> http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/20001206.ICANN-DNSO-budget.html
>
> 2. Review Process.
> o NC Review Task Force update and timetable (Theresa Swinehart) - 10
> mins
> o Working Group - clarification on deadlines, clarification of terms
> of reference (YJ Park - 10 mins)
>
> Documents referenced in
> http://www.dnso.org/wgroups/wg-review/wgreview-history.html
>
> 3. Establishment of an NC task force on WhoIs? policy issues (Paul Kane) -
> 10 mins
>
> 4. ccTLD relations (Peter de Blanc - 15 mins)
> o Is the DNSO channel an adequate place for ccTLD ?
> o Shall ccTLD build up a separate organization within ICANN, such as
> an SO?
> o Shall ccTLD build up a separate organization outside of ICANN,
> such as an Advisory Group?
>
> 5. New TLDs (ICANN staff) - 10 min
> o Update on negotiations on new TLDs and explanation of means of
> charter enforcement
>
> 6. Non-commercial constituency - results and implications of the
> constituency vote on four resolutions made at the constituency's Marina
> del Rey meeting. (Dany Vandromme) - 10 mins
> o http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/council/Arc04/msg00618.html
> (2-UDRP)
> o http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/council/Arc04/msg00619.html (4-new
> TLDs)
> o http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/council/Arc04/msg00620.html
> (5-sunrise)
> o http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/council/Arc04/msg00621.html
> (7-freedom of speach)
>
> 7. Request from GA for NC to consider an Individuals Constituency (YJ) 5
> mins (see supporting document from Ken Stubbs)
> o http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/council/Arc04/msg00527.html Ken
> Stubb note
>
> Next NC teleconference will be held on 26 February 2001
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Information from:   DNSO Names Council
>
>


-------------------------------------------------------------------
Dany VANDROMME                    |  Directeur du GIP RENATER

                Reseau National de Telecommunications
         pour la Technologie, l'Enseignement et la Recherche

                                  |  ENSAM
Tel   :  +33 (0)1 53 94 20 30     |  151 Boulevard de l'Hopital
Fax   :  +33 (0)1 53 94 20 31     |  75013 Paris
E-mail: Dany.Vandromme@renater.fr |  FRANCE
--------------------------------------------------------------------







<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>