[council]

Re: [council] Independent Review NomCom Appointments - REQUEST FOR ACTION

Caroline,

The nominating committee nominates a panel of nine IRP members.  That
panel is then subject to confirmation by the ICANN Board.  For the
initial panel, terms on the IRP are staggered at 4 years (3 members), 3
years (3 members) and 2 years (3 members).  The nominating committee is
a standing committee, but is only convened only upon notification from
the ICANN Board that a vacancy exists on the IRP.  Unless an unexpected
vacancy occurs, this should not happen for two years after the initial
appointment.

I hope the above clarifies matters.  My apologies if there was any
confusion about this topic.

Best regards,

Louis Touton