[council]

[council] Re: [wg-review] multi-lingual issues

At 06:29 AM 1/18/01, Digitel - Ken Stubbs wrote:
>I would strongly encourage individual participation from all names council
>members in the multi-lingual discussion which are currently underway.

Ken,
Thanks for this call, I hope NC members respond to it. We've certainly seen
how deeply and strongly feelings run on this issue.

I've asked Pilar Luque and volunteers to summarize the material that we've
had presented so far, so that we can focus our discussions a bit better.

>I strongly believe that this issue must be addressed and dealt with in a
>positive and timely manner and sooner rather than later.

Currently it's down the list a bit,  and I've seen some interest in moving
it up the agenda. Unless there is strong objection, I'd feel comfortable
with moving it up to be handled after the preliminary reports are approved.
That would schedule focused discussion to begin Monday, and give any
volunteers time to summarize what's already been said.

>here is a short list of just some of the  problems I feel which need to be
>addressed...

All items that should be discussed, though perhaps we should discuss
specific actions in terms of the specific issues they address.

>...we need to send a strong message to the community that we share a
>"strong concern" for addressing these issues on a "timely basis"

Definitely.

Comments from all, please?

Regards,
Greg