[council]

RE: [council] Please make comments on

Hi --

A few comments, and given the back and forth, I've chosen to respond to this
message as opposed to the others to prevent confusion.

I would like to thank YJ for taking the initiative on proposing a draft
agenda, and I hope we take the time now to come up with revisions and
adjustments based on the ongoing discussions. As was noted earlier, because
of the long weekend in the US, many were not on e-mail, so we must allow for
the appropriate amount of discussion before adopting any final agenda. (I'm
sure everyone can appreciate the issue of holiday's -- all regions have
their holidays that as a global NC we must try to fully respect.)

# 3: I support Ken's suggestion of requesting ICANN staff to report to the
NC on the TLD expansion issue. I think this would be very useful.

# 4: I am a little confused about the scope, and large amount of time
allotted to this topic. I think that this is something that may be better
addressed by a Task Force. I volunteer to come to the NC meeting in Yokohama
with a proposal outlining this suggestion. I know it's an issue that Working
Group D has also been made aware of.

# 5: Working Group E has put much work into it's report. I have to agree
that it has not been posted long enough for the NC, or at least for me, to
be comfortable making specific recommendations or to take a public position.
I would like to ensure that it has, like other Working Group reports, been
up for the equal comment time. If we start shortening comment time
arbitrarily, we start ignoring our own decisions.

# 6: I am not sure I understand what new working group formation proposal
review means -- is this for a new working group, or just on overall
formations? If the latter, that's something working group D should be
involved with.

# 7: Budget should be discussed, could we be sure everyone reviews the past
discussions so we can move through this and reach any decisions necessary.

# 8: Developing countries perspective is important to discuss, as is I
think, overall issue of making sure all regions' perspectives are included
and addressed. Discussion should focus on what improvements to current ways
will ensure all regions are heard (e.g., should we consider translations in
our budget?) and what is it that we are not doing now that could be done to
continue to encourage participation.

Theresa