[council]

Re: [council] Please make comments on

Theresa,

Thank you for your pertinent comments here.

> # 3: I support Ken's suggestion of requesting ICANN staff to report to the
> NC on the TLD expansion issue. I think this would be very useful.

I support this request under the condition that
more specified "Registry selection" process should be expounded.

> # 4: I am a little confused about the scope, and large amount of time
> allotted to this topic. I think that this is something that may be better
> addressed by a Task Force. I volunteer to come to the NC meeting in
Yokohama
> with a proposal outlining this suggestion. I know it's an issue that
Working
> Group D has also been made aware of.

Thank you for your volunteer.
However, if we can make a time slot for those who want to appeal against
NC's recommendation to the ICANN Board, it would be more reasonable.

> # 5: Working Group E has put much work into it's report. I have to agree
> that it has not been posted long enough for the NC, or at least for me, to
> be comfortable making specific recommendations or to take a public
position.
> I would like to ensure that it has, like other Working Group reports, been
> up for the equal comment time. If we start shortening comment time
> arbitrarily, we start ignoring our own decisions.
>
> # 6: I am not sure I understand what new working group formation proposal
> review means -- is this for a new working group, or just on overall
> formations? If the latter, that's something working group D should be
> involved with.

In this case, the former.

> # 7: Budget should be discussed, could we be sure everyone reviews the
past
> discussions so we can move through this and reach any decisions necessary.
>
> # 8: Developing countries perspective is important to discuss, as is I
> think, overall issue of making sure all regions' perspectives are included
> and addressed. Discussion should focus on what improvements to current
ways
> will ensure all regions are heard (e.g., should we consider translations
in
> our budget?) and what is it that we are not doing now that could be done
> continue to encourage participation.

We do have diversified representatives within the NC
which ironically has the same problem just like elsewhere in the ICANN
process.

Taking advantage of this opportunity, I look forward to hearing more
opinions
from other representatives as well as US representatives.

Regards,

YJ