[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

RE: [council] Post-election steps

[ 1.  Is there any specific deadline for release of the election data to
[ the public?  I don't think we have committed to one, but obviously
[ we want to do so as soon as possible.

This is entirely up to the Names Council.  I agree that sooner is better.

[ 2.  Elisabeth brought up the issue of whether we should release the
[ voting for the ballots that were never completed, or were voided by
[ our "glitch."  I don't believe we are bound to do so, and while we can
[ keep the records in case of an inquiry, I think releasing them would
[ only serve to confuse the results.  We definitely need to discuss this
[ on the next Names Council teleconference, but if you have any
[ opinions, I for one would value your input.

Again, this is entirely up to you.  It seems to me that you should release the audit results, and that there's no need to audit ballots that were voided.

[ 3.  How does the delay in results affect your timeline below?
[ Are we now the "non provisional Names Council?"  Obviously we
[ want to do step 2 and 3 on the next teleconference, but we don't have
[ enough time to announce one for this week I fear.  We discussed
[ next week, around the 27th, would this be too late?

As of yesterday (see my next email), the NC has been given full recognition by the ICANN Board, so you can take the confirming vote at any time.  

Yes, the 27th is too late.  The absolute, drop-dead deadline for confirmation and notification is the 26th.  I see no reason why the NC could not conduct its confirmation vote by email.