Re: [council] Post-election steps

Andrew,

OK, we as we have now completed the elections, with some unforeseen
circumstances, we had a couple questions that perhaps you could
offer your opinion on: (myself, Caroline, Theresa and Elisabeth were
the only ones remaining on the teleconference and none of us had
any answers...)

1.  Is there any specific deadline for release of the election data to
the public?  I don't think we have committed to one, but obviously
we want to do so as soon as possible.

2.  Elisabeth brought up the issue of whether we should release the
voting for the ballots that were never completed, or were voided by
our "glitch."  I don't believe we are bound to do so, and while we can
keep the records in case of an inquiry, I think releasing them would
only serve to confuse the results.  We definitely need to discuss this
on the next Names Council teleconference, but if you have any
opinions, I for one would value your input.

3.  How does the delay in results affect your timeline below?
Are we now the "non provisional Names Council?"  Obviously we
want to do step 2 and 3 on the next teleconference, but we don't have
enough time to announce one for this week I fear.  We discussed
next week, around the 27th, would this be too late?

Fellow Names Council members, I don't mean to be presumptive,
but think we definitely need to address these issues as soon as
possible.

Best regards (and goodnight...)
Richard