[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [council] Registrars' NC representation

This is mostly Registrar related business, but important
to the elections.  Amadeu, sorry I didn't reply earlier,
I slept in (it is Sunday!) to shake off a flu bug...

As you mention we have 3 choices.  I believe any will
suffice, the Board understands our constituency's unique
status as far as difficulty in meeting the geographic
diversity rules.  In the worst case, if we are unable to
designate a proxy over the weekend, we miss the trial
round of voting which  doesn't count in the final end.

If you have to select someone from Nonimalia, that would
suffice as well.  Since I have not seen any mail from any
of the proposed proxies, it is hard to judge if they are
ready to act.

I will be around if you want to chat.


Amadeu Abril i Abril wrote:

> HI all,
> Even if I am not getting council@dnso mail anymore,Elsiabeth told me
> that I was still able to post here. Hope it works.
> I just wnated to inform abut two things:
> A) The Registrars Consituency has finally completed its electoral
> process to elect the permanent NC representatives. They are Ken
> Stubbs, Richard Linsday and Amadeu Abril i Abril. No revolution, as
> you see ;-))
> Richard and Ken being both US citizens, we have applied for an interim
> waiver taking into consideration that Richard is a Japanee resident
> and works fr a Japanese company. As expectred, citizenship remains the
> criterium, but a 90-days waizver has applies.
> B) Temporary replacemnt for AAA. As I am running for the Board
> elections, we need to find a temporary substitue.
> As I wrote in a previous mail, it was impossible to run a proper
> eletion in the consitunecy (we just kew the results for the permanent
> NC elections a few hours ago). And, as we don't have a formal AdCom,
> it was decided that the newly elected NC reps plus our secretary,
> Michal Palage, would appoint the replacment. Rhe problem is that I
> have been unable to communicate with any of them three so far, eithr
> by e-mail or telephone :-/
> As Ken and Richard are both US citizens, we also decided that my
> subsitute should not be alos a US citizen. The first choice was indeed
> an European, but we have been unfortuanately uanble to find someone
> willing to take tht role.
> We have the inital agreemnt form MelbourneIT to volunteer Erica
> Roberts. This is only partially satisfctory, as albeit being form
> Austalian citizenship, she would reprenet in our view the same region
> as Richard. But still is a preferable choice than three reps with the
> same passport.
> And now the problem: it is not only that I have been unable to contact
> ken, Richard and Michael in order to take the foraml decision about
> who should be my substitue, but I have also been unable to get in
> contact with Erica. I have written to her, and left messages in her
> vicemail.....but we are 14 hours ahead of the preliminary round
> deadline. What's more, it is 2:30 am here, and, frankly, I will not
> stand the whole night sitting by my phone. (timezones are a real mess,
> pscially over weekends...).
> A "second" solution could be appointing someone else...form the same
> registrar, ie, Nominalia. Irt is somethng we have not considered
> earlier, but given the replacemnts putnin place by both IPC and gTLD,
> and the proxy advacned by ISPC it is somehting we could consir as a
> last minute solution.
> I submit this to you for your comments, if you find somehting
> unacceptable form a NC point fo view. Please copy me on the replies,
> as I am not currently able to read council@dnso.org
> Best regards,
> Amadeu, miserably wasting a Satuday night that was supposed to be free
> :-(((