Re: [council] Methodology

At 02:02 PM 27/09/1999 +0200, Javier wrote:
>We have been working on the elections issue for a while. I have been
>presenting proposals with a lot of time before the calls. Few comments have
>been received....

ok. Is not my case. I have been tryed to participate.

>but some members of the council feel free to make proposals during the
>teleconferneces, and expect to have them discussed on the spot. I find this
>extremelly unpolite, it is a waste of time and money for the council to
>have to discuss online things that should be discussed by e-mail.

1) Great!. I support it.

>If they do not have the time to propose things by e-mail (as we have agreed
>to), they should at least stay quiet during the teleconferences.

2) Great again !

>Also, those who do not attend the meetings should at least respect the
>decisions of the other people who have actually attended the meeting and
>done the work. Complaining afterwards is of very bad taste. It is much
>worst if you actually attended the meeting and did not say anything at that
>time.

3) I see your point but I beg to differ with you in one point. This could
be applyed *ONLY* if we work considering points 1 and 2 (see above).

>The decision on the election process was supposed to be finished by the
>24th. Any further delay is impossible.
>
>In short, if you are not participating in the work for which you have been
>elected, at least allow the rest of us to do it.

Who are you speaking about ?. Because the complaints are from people who
are participating in the Name Council (i.e Nigel and I) , or not?. There
are some of us that don't express their opinions. Tell them.

Raul Echeberria
raul@inia.org.uy