Re: request (was... RE: [council] Meetings in LA

At 03:55 PM 07/09/1999 -0400, Theresa Swinehart wrote:
>I've not heard anything further with regards to asking the Berkman Center
>(i.e., nothing saying the Names Council should not). I assume this means
>that the NC should ask the Berkmann Center whether they can assist the NC.
>Unless I hear otherwise in form of majority of opposition, I suggest we send
>in a formal request by COB EST Wednesday, September 8th.

I'm not sure if it is the best for the NC at this moment.
We have to priorize our activities.

What exactly would be the job of the Berkman Center ?
Who would pay for this job ?
How much ..?

I believe that what we really need is a moderator.
I suggest that we appoint a moderator from outside of the NC. He/she could
be from the Berkman Center if you prefer.
After have the permanent Name Council (in less than two months) we could
decide about more formal participation of any organization like BC in
assist us.

Raul Echeberria
raul@inia.org.uy