Re: request (was... RE: [council] Meetings in LA

Raul,

The general idea was to ask the Berkman Center to assist the Names
Council with finding some procedural rules and policies (for example
as opposed to blindly referring to Robert's Rules, which many of us
are not familiar with).  Also, since the Berkman Center is currently
already supporting the NC with regards to technical support
(setting up Real Audio for meetings etc.) to formalize this relationship,
and hopefully offer more support to the constituencies of the DNSO
as well (this was my hope at least.)

I don't think we can answer all of your questions, especially with regard
to cost, until we request the Berkman Center for some help.  I would
urge everyone to support Theresa's proposal, which does not commit
the DNSO to do anything but ask for some support, and see what the
Berkman Center can provide.  This could include having moderators
as well, but more importantly would address the issue of whether we
really need a moderator, and providing some guidelines as to how to
have more efficient meetings.

I fear if we wait until after permanent Names Council members are
elected, we will have no process, and will make the lives of the real
NC even harder.  This is part of Committee D as well, which is what
everyone agreed we should be focused on now.

Regards,
Richard

--
_/_/_/interQ Incorporated