Re: Revision of attendees' list [was: Re: [council] Letter from M ike Roberts re: gTLD Constituency Group]

Telage, Don wrote:

> Amadeu, I'm a bit confused. Based on Mike Roberts Friday reply to Jim Rutt,
> the gTLD constituency made no plans to be on the call. Is this a change of
> position from ICANN? If so, I will contact the other two constituency
> members today and urge them to be available. Please let me know ASAP.  don

I hope you understand that I cannot provide you with ICANN's views, but only
with mine, that could perfeclty be ultraminoritarian within the NC.

My take is that the BoD is requesting you to abide to community nearunanimous
consensus. This means: just one gTLD NC rep.

But as they seem to interprete that the current bylaws are unclear enough as
to allow you, despite all other considration, to appoint three reps, they will
ipropose some amendments in case you take that way, in order to get thigns
back to what is deemed "normal".

*MY* interpretation is that this means that it is entirely up to you to attend
or not, with one or three reps....until the byalws are amended. I am sure that
the sptirit and systematics of the bylaws require NSI to appoint just one rep,
but the text is ambiguous enough as to allow you to appoint three.

If you want furhter clarificatin from the Board, please ask them. If you want
my personal opinion, I will support your presnece in the upcoming meetings
with any number, form one to three, of reps you might designate And I will
restlessly push the Board to amend the bylaws in case you finally decide to
appint three NC reps.

Your chocie.

Amadeu

PS: pleae don't forget to inform the NC about your psoition an the name(s) of
gTLD Cibnstituency rep(s), as my personal position could very well be not the
one the rest of the NC wishes to express.