RE: [wg-e] draft report of Committee E (for discussion)

At 09:44 PM 21/09/1999 +0000, Jean-Michel Becar wrote:
>Dear all,
>
>The first item we could start to deal with is to start to design a very
>simple WEB page, I'm sure that any organization could host it and make an
>effort to put it on the most famous search engines, in order to make people
>aware of we are looking for them to participate in this At large membership.
>And we can also ask to organizations like ISOC, ITU, ETSI...to send the
>information through their members and especially in the developing and
>emerging countries.
>Any thoughts about that?

There are already many websites that try to attract the attention of
individuals to participate in the ICANN process.
These websites could perhaps be persuaded to host a linked banner to an
ICANN signup page.

It would be vitally important to be seen as even handed with regards to the
organizations approached.
In other words: in view of the roles these 3 organizations are already
playing in the constituencies, we should take pains to also ask
organizations *un*like ISOC, ITU, ETSI...
(does the ITU or ETSI have individual "members",  or do you mean employees?)

>I saw a problem on the Tarek's list: If we are looking for 5000 people, how
>will it be possible to check all the membership. It will take a huge amount
>of time and effort !!!

The most important item to verify is the uniqueness of each individual
Internet user that wants to be a member.
Another easy item for verification is a Domain Name registration.
Beyond that it becomes paperwork.

--Joop Teernstra LL.M.--  , bootstrap  of
the Cyberspace Association,
the constituency for Individual Domain Name Owners
http://www.idno.org