Re: [RE: [wg-e] draft report of Committee E (for discussion)]

Joop Teernstra <terastra@terabytz.co.nz> wrote:
At 09:44 PM 21/09/1999 +0000, Jean-Michel Becar wrote:
>Dear all,
>
>The first item we could start to deal with is to start to design a very
>simple WEB page, I'm sure that any organization could host it and make an
>effort to put it on the most famous search engines, in order to make people
>aware of we are looking for them to participate in this At large membership.
>And we can also ask to organizations like ISOC, ITU, ETSI...to send the
>information through their members and especially in the developing and
>emerging countries.
>Any thoughts about that?

There are already many websites that try to attract the attention of
individuals to participate in the ICANN process.
These websites could perhaps be persuaded to host a linked banner to an
ICANN signup page.
Hi

I feel that calling for membership is what we call in the USA a "public
service announcement"  For that reason, I suggest that we contact commercial
web site and government websites to post banners.  I feel no web site should
require payment to post this.
I am in a strong favor of an aggressive ad campaign.

The AIP (association of internet professionals) will of course be glad to post
it.

Jeff Graber
AIP

Jeffrey Graber, MAIP