Re: [wg-d] Working Group Membership

> >Again, under VI-B 2(b), it says pretty clearly that working groups are
> >"bodies of the GA".  As such, it seems to me that it's either up to
> >the GA to say or, alternatively, that the door is open to anyone who
> >could be part of the GA.
>
> Would it be possible for someone to be a member of a WG, and yet not
> be a member of a Constituency or the GA?  In reading through things,
> that would seem to be the case, as the NC can put anyone it wants to
> into WGs.  Do the Constituencies have this power?  Does the GA?

?? Could you give me a pointer where it says that "the NC can put anyone
it wants to into the WG's"?

Given that the WG's are elements of the GA (per VI-B 2(b)) it would seem
odd that the NC has any say in the matter whatsoever.

And as it says in VI-B 4(a), the GA "should" is composed of individuals.

When one adds those together, it is pretty clear that the bylaws require
that working groups "should" be composed of individuals plus the
explicitly designated representative from each constituency.

		--karl--