RE: [wg-d] Freezing WG Membership

Strongly  dis-agreed.

The problems with process are far more complicated than just newcomers.

Yes, newcomers need handling.  So do disruptive members.  So do members who
have too little background to fully appreciate the issues.

Newbies are just part of the cost of having an open process.

Let's be very careful to focus on underlying issues and not symptoms.  We
need to develop much better working group content structure and process
management.  If we do, newbies will not be a problem.

d/

At 02:13 PM 4/28/00 -0400, Antony Van Couvering wrote:
>Agreed
>
> > From: owner-wg-d@dnso.org [mailto:owner-wg-d@dnso.org]On Behalf Of Bret
> > A. Fausett
> > Something like a firm 60 day enrollment window at a working group's launch
> > would also serve to partially protect WG votes from being stacked.
> >
> > On the negative side, such a rule might give a false sense of
> > consensus, by
> > pushing criticism to the end (in the public comment phase).

=-=-=-=-=
Dave Crocker  <dcrocker@brandenburg.com>
Brandenburg Consulting  <www.brandenburg.com>
Tel: +1.408.246.8253,  Fax: +1.408.273.6464
675 Spruce Drive,  Sunnyvale, CA 94086 USA