Re: [wg-c] Give NSI .shop and take back .com

> Crocker Said:
>
> >Were you just slightly familiar with the considerable history of the gTLD
> >activities, you would know that that particular string has received more
> >extensive review and support than any other.
>
> In addition to agreeing with Simon that I'd like to see the
> research, I'd also like to dispute the claim. I would
> venture that .web has surely received more support
> than .shop. As for review, I'd have to see your
> documentation in order to assess the claim.
>
> Please, do document your claim.

Hi Chris,
	I'll agree with you that ".web" as a generic sounds to me much
betterr (more generic?) than ".shop". I'll agree that a lot of people would
prefer ".web" to ".shop" if only merits are the combination of letters.
Problem with ".web" is this nasty habit of a certain company called IOD to
keep affirming it owns the thing. Unfortunately that will *probably* stop it
from being used in the legacy roots at all.

Yours, John Broomfield.