Re: [wg-c] Give NSI .shop and take back .com

At 07:08 PM 4/19/00 -0700, Dave Crocker wrote:

>At 05:48 PM 4/19/00 -0400, James Love wrote:
>>ps... I wonder what market research led NSI to choose .shop for its
>>competitor?
>
>Were you just slightly familiar with the considerable history of the gTLD
>activities, you would know that that particular string has received more
>extensive review and support than any other.

Would you be so kind as to provide the documentation (URLs are fine) to
back your claim. I've never seen, nor heard, of any published data which
independently reviews, or analyzes the projected consequences, of inserting
this particular gTLD into the root.

I'm sure the rest of WG-C/DNSO would like to evaluate this claim as well.

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Simon

--
"Disraeli was pretty close: actually, there are Lies, Damn lies, Statistics,
Benchmarks, and Delivery dates."