Re: [wg-c] Give NSI .shop and take back .com

At 05:48 PM 4/19/00 -0400, James Love wrote:
>Since NSI is so taken by .shop for a new TLD, I suggest we give NSI the
>opportunity to be the registry for .shop, on the condition they give
>back the .com registry.

James, thank you for the constructive effort.  You weren't just being
wastefully sarcastic were you?

Unfortunately, you managed to inject vastly more emotion, on NSI's part,
than their own text provided.  They made some suggestions.  That's all.

>ps... I wonder what market research led NSI to choose .shop for its
>competitor?

Were you just slightly familiar with the considerable history of the gTLD
activities, you would know that that particular string has received more
extensive review and support than any other.

d/

=-=-=-=-=
Dave Crocker  <dcrocker@brandenburg.com>
Brandenburg Consulting  <www.brandenburg.com>
Tel: +1.408.246.8253,  Fax: +1.408.273.6464
675 Spruce Drive,  Sunnyvale, CA 94086 USA