[wg-c] CONSENSUS CALLS -- THIS IS IT

PROPOSED ROUGH CONSENSUS ITEM NUMBER ONE ---NO
For the same reason that David pointed out--ie: Not our
original goal, the sheer magnitude of this task, and ensured
delay.
PROPOSED ROUGH CONSENSUS ITEM NUMBER TWO -- NO
Again, I'm going to have to agree with Crocker--in this
incarnation they serve much better as "points of
information" or loose guidelines. I would vote for them if
they were used in this capacity.
PROPOSED ROUGH CONSENSUS ITEM NUMBER THREE -- NO
Also believe that this is beyond the scope of this group and
to attain truly international names will be difficult since,
as Derrida said, "There is nothing outside of the text..."

Also, I don't think there is anything inherently illegal or
godless about having made domain names available on a
pre-registration basis. Companies can do whatever they like
on a pre-registration basis. Moreover, There is never going
to be a completely level playing field. If we outlaw lists,
preference will be given to those that have the right
information in the most timely manner--maybe those that
don't have to be at a job during the day. In the mad race
for registration, it may become a question of how
fast/powerful an individual's computer is or what kind of
technology they can employ. Finally, we simply cannot
dictate that companies are forbidden from creating lists or
taking reservations. But this issue also seems to be beyond
the scope of this group.

--Justin