[wg-c] CONSENSUS CALLS -- THIS IS IT

Jonathan Weinberg writes:
 > PROPOSED ROUGH CONSENSUS ITEM NUMBER ONE
 >
 > The initial rollout should include a range of top level domains, from open
 > TLDs to restricted TLDs with more limited scope.

NO.

Stick to a single model.  Add models as you get experience with the
problems associated with a particular model.

 > PROPOSED ROUGH CONSENSUS ITEM NUMBER TWO
 >
 > Criteria for assessing a gTLD application, subject to current technical
 > constraints and evolving technical opportunities, should be based on all of
 > the following principles :

NO.

I agree completely with Dave Crocker.  The criteria are completely
subjective and open to multiple interpretations.  As we have seen, there
are those in every group such as this who are willing to deliberately
misinterpret even the most carefully worded document if it means that
they can either cause trouble or find a loophole for their favorite
scam.

 > PROPOSED ROUGH CONSENSUS ITEM NUMBER THREE
 >
 > WG-C recommends that the Names Council charter a working group to develop
 > policy regarding internationalized domain names using non-ASCII characters.

NO.

I agree with Karl Auerbach.  This is a technical matter best left to the
IETF.

/Joe Kelsey