Re: [wg-c] CONSENSUS CALLS -- THIS IS IT

Subject to the reservation that I believe that coercive voting
is not a substitute for the development of consensus, and that
in fact no such consensus has come to exist.....

PROPOSED ROUGH CONSENSUS ITEM NUMBER ONE

	The initial rollout should include a range of top level domains, from open
TLDs to restricted TLDs with more limited scope.

I object to the form of the item but believe that there should
be both open and chartered TLDs in the rollout provided
registry operators and registrars present themselves for them.

PROPOSED ROUGH CONSENSUS ITEM NUMBER TWO

	Criteria for assessing a gTLD application, subject to current technical
constraints and evolving technical opportunities, should be based on all of
the following principles :
...No....

PROPOSED ROUGH CONSENSUS ITEM NUMBER THREE

	WG-C recommends that the Names Council charter a working group to develop
policy regarding internationalized domain names using non-ASCII characters.
...No....if we're going to enlarge the set of characters that the DNS can resolve,
there's no good reason not to do it here.

The information contained in this electronic message is confidential
and is or may be protected by the attorney-client privilege, the work
product doctrine, joint defense privileges, trade secret protections,
and/or other applicable protections from disclosure.  If the reader of
this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any use, dissemination, distribution or reproduction of this com-
munication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communi-
cation in error, please immediately notify us by calling our Help Desk
at 212-541-2000 ext.3314, or by e-mail to helpdesk@rspab.com