[wg-c] So why not name.space style? [was suggestion from slashdot]

Thanks for the responses so far -- but nobody has told me of any
pitfalls of implementing a name.space style internet-wide
namespace. Why not? What do you all see as the negative aspects of
this sort of policy?

(as a reminder, this policy would allow the creation of *infinite*
tld's -- on demand. So you could register foo.bar and *.foo.bar, but
no entity could buy up all of *.bar -- all registrations must be two
levels deep.  This would also solve the problem of Apple Computer and
Apple Waste Management both claiming rights to apple.com -- instead,
they could split it up as apple.waste and apple.computers)

--
"Nobody has any 'Rights'. We are entitled only to Liberties"
Adam Megacz <megacz@cmu.edu> -- for current phone/postal, see