Re: [wg-c] Working Group C agenda

folks,

It appears the latest report deals with the first part of item #1 from our
charter http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/19990625.NCwgc.html

  1) Should there be new generic Top Level Domains (gTLDs)? If yes: How
     many? Which? At which speed should they be deployed and in which
     order? What should be the mechanism for developing new gTLDs after
     all these are deployed. Should each new gTLD have a specific charter?

It still looks like we still have not delt with the following:
   a) Which?
   b) At which speed should they be deployed and in which order.
   c) What should be the mechanism for developing new gTLDs after
      all these are deployed.
   d) Should each new gTLD have a specific charter

I'm not suggesting that we can even come to any agreement on these items
as there still seems to be quite a division on just how we should come up
with the process for determining the process for (a) 'Which gTLDs get
selected'.

It appears that the interm report deals with the (b) but we certainly have
not yet addressed (c) and the results of the testbed will certainly
inflewence that one. Which leaves us with (d) still left to be figured
out.

Since the interm report appears to satisfy the first document required
from the charter

  ".A first document in which the WG expresses and justifies the answers
      to the questions expressed in the first point above. "

should we start figuring out what needs to happen with the second
deliverable?

    2) What should the registration and data maintenance process and
       regulation be?."

and go back over which items (a through d) we can reasonably tackle and
toss the rest back to the NC for guidance on.

comments?

-rick