Re: [wg-c] Excellent suggestion from slashdot -- apparently not in 10-23 report

Adam,

You might want to take another look at F, which proposes that no property rights
would inhere in a gTLD. Like you and others here, I also would prefer lots of
new gTLDS, but Group-C had trouble reaching a consensus on tough questions, so
we settled on the idea of 6-10 for starters, and then waiting and seeing. Who
would "own" them (the "public", chartering organizations, private parties, or
some mix of these) is still up in the air, as far as I can tell.

Craig