[wg-c] Requirements for a TLD registry

I guess my second post today will be as contrary as the first.

> Experience has shown that there is no need for a registry to
> start with huge infrastructure.

That may be possible for the first-mover, it is exactly the first-mover
advantage. They don't need the large infrastructure becasue there isn't much
competition for them. Ergo, the one-time experience that we do have isn't
valid.

The first-mover sets the standard for others to follow. Look at my proposal
carefully, you'll see that it raises the bar substantially, even beyond
services that NSI was providing at the time. Note that, since Verisign
bought NSI, my suggestion that the registry is also the the domain
Certificate Service Provider (CSP) will also be assimilated by NSI. Any new
TLD will have to come up to, at least, the service level that NSI provides,
if it wishes to become commercially viable.

Steppinmg up to this service level will be non-trivial, as is the
infrastructure requirement.