RE: [wg-c] Re: your mail

> Should we also be talking about spinning .net and .org out into separate
> registries? That would present new business opportunities to operate and
> market names in these gTLDs.

To me it makes sense.  And it comports with the principle that I sugested
the other day that anyone running a DNS service under the ICANN franchise
root be constrained to but one TLD offering.

Bill Semich suggested a counter concern, that of economies of scale.  And
that's a legitimate concern.  To my mind, we probably ought to be more
interested in mechanisms that encourage imaginative new ideas rather than
saving a few back office cycles.

However, I'm not sure how such diversity would help solve the kidsonline
situtuation.

		--karl--