Re: [wg-c] application documents requirements

Milton,

the context is "generic" is defined by websters as
  1 a : relating to or characteristic of a whole group or class : GENERAL
    b : being or having a nonproprietary name c : having no
        particularly distinctive quality or application
  2 : relating to or having the rank of a biological genus

we are discussing the addition of GENERIC TLDs and I don't understand the
benifit of having additional non-shaired registrings running generic TLDs

could you provide a case analysis of why additional non-shaired gTLD would
benifit the internet community. I would like to understand how price
competition would work with non-shaired gTLDs.

If we are to specificly allow non-shaired generic TLDs the potential
for greater utility to the internet community must be made so that
everyone understands the great potential for this model.

I just don't see the benifit of non-shaired generic TLDs, if you could
just enlighten me I would certanly appreciate it.

-rick