Re: [wg-c] Our mission

Milton
Thank you for your support to our envisaged model for the application of
these principles.

I agree I was being harsh on the 6-10 new gTLDs issue. I also agree with you
if you were saying that these 6-10 should indeed be tested against the
principles via the process mentioned. My alarm is that they will be the
subject of a decision from on high such as the IAHC set.  Coming from the
brands people (as distinct from the IP legal community) we do see
desirability in competition created through hundreds of new gTLDs each with
value added. The desire of the IP world to limit numbers stems from a
concern that hundreds of new domains created ad hoc will reduce consumer
confidence as opportunities for good faith and bad faith disputes grow
exponentially. The principles are an attempt to allow growth that adds to
net user confidence.

Is this the common ground for WG C ? A set of 6-10 tested against the
principles and proposed by putative Registries?

Philip