Re: Asian Alternative Roots (was RE: [wg-c] new TLDs)

Hi Dave;

At 08:22 AM 12/27/99 -0800, you wrote:
>In any event, it has not yet created any TLDs; it is operating under
>existing ones.

I'm not sure that's correct. Did you read the info at
http://www.idns.net.sg/ ?

1. The Asian language versions of .com, .net and .org are running in a
non-NSI/ICANN root server, the I-DNS Registry, not administered by NSI
Registry, and that I-DNS Registry could easily accept a registration for
and enter the Chinese character version of, say "gateway.com," and create a
"parallel" .com domain name space as a result; and

2. It shows i-dns.net's root servers are supporting the Chinese
character-set version of Jay Fenello's gTLD .PER, which is a new gTLD that
has not yet been accepted by ICANN/DOC (not to mention Working Group C) for
entry into the ICANN/NSI root servers.

Interesting days ahead, I'd say <smile>.

(And that's it for me today  - my 2 posts)

Regards,

-- Bill Semich
.NU Domain
Bill Semich