[wg-c] Schwimmer Post From Last Week

Last week, Martin Schwimmer posted some fruitful topics for the
next stage of discussion, to which I gave my detailed responses,
on possible mechanisms for future implememntation.  Is it not
worthwhile to take up this discussion now?  In response to Martin's
questions, I proposed some specific TLDs I'd like to see
(a personal TLD and a generic TLD such as .web to compete with
.com, rather than some other sort of specific TLD such as .inc or
.xxx or .pol).  I also suggested three methods for selecting new
registries,
based on existing FCC practice and suggested that registries should
be free to set the method for chosing registrars (or even to act as both
registry
and registrar exclusively).
[As I said at the time, I would argu that .com represented a special case

due to its unique position.  Their is no need to "open" other TLDs by
mandating
a registry/registrar separation, any more than there is a need to force
CLECs
to unbundle their facilities.  Alternatively, a mix of open and
proprietary TLDs
would provide a good market test: do users prefer specific services to
the danger
of lock-in.]

Is there any interest in pursuing any of these discussion threads?

Harold