Re: [wg-c] Multiple Root Distractions

I'm happy to leave competitive roots.  As long as people realize that they
work, that there are good economic reasons to have them, that they have an
advantage due to their ability to ignore ICANN imposed regulations and
costs, and that they can add as many new TLDs as they want to the existing
suite of TLDs without any permission from the DNSO or ICANN.

As for non-connectivity.  The non-connectivity is imaginary.  Have any of
you been unable to reach me, a user of a non-ICANN competitive root?

And I might point out that our vexatious impersonator is on a net that
tends to use a competitive root and I bet a lot of us would wish that his
connectivity were worse.

Those who claim to be concerned about potential (self-inflicted)
non-connectivity might be advised to put their efforts into the real
problems that occur daily - erroneous routing information (causing routing
loops and black holes), inter-ISP exchange point congestion,
overly-blocking NATs and firewalls, stale URL's, web pages without
expiration headers, and denial of service attacks.

		--karl--