Re: [wg-c] reposted for Tony Rutkowski

At 22:43 20.12.99 -0400, Jonathan Weinberg wrote:
> >Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 11:53:22 -0500
> >To: bwg-n-friends@jetty.net, Karl Auerbach <karl@cavebear.com>
> >From: "A.M. Rutkowski" <amr@chaos.com>
> >Subject: Re: [bwg+] IAB comment
> >Cc: wg-c@dnso.org

> >It would also be useful to foster a more open process.
> >
> >The only information available is the following:
> >
> >1. MINUTES FOR SEPTEMBER 14, 1999 IAB TELECONFERENCE
> >    NEW ACTION ITEMS: * Brian Carpenter: Statement on
> >    need for unique DNS root to ICANN.
> >
> >2. MINUTES FOR OCTOBER 19, 1999 IAB TELECONFERENCE
> >    OLD ACTION ITEMS:
> >    * Brian Carpenter: Statement on need for unique
> >    DNS root to ICANN. = Done.
> >
> >In an ideal world, it would be desirable to see some
> >record of a collective thought process.

In an ideal world, a lot of things would be different.

> >Minimally, it would be useful to see some record
> >that the statement was actually adopted by the IAB, and
> >whether the views expressed in the statement represent
> >those of all the IAB members - all speaking in one voice
> >without divergence:
> >
> >Harald Alvestrand
> >Ran Atkinson
> >Rob Austein
> >Brian Carpenter
> >Steve Bellovin
> >Jon Crowcroft
> >Steve Deering
> >Ned Freed
> >Tony Hain
> >Tim Howes
> >Geoff Huston
> >John Klensin
> >
> >EX OFFICIO
> >Fred Baker
> >Keith Moore
> >Joyce K. Reynolds
> >Abel Weinrib
> >Erik Huizer

Request for changing "done" to "approved by the IAB and sent" as a
boilerplate text in minutes noted.

We did and do stand behind the statement as written.

                      Harald

[nit: ex officio members don't vote. So it's not formally correct to ask
for them to add their voice to the regular members of the IAB, if the
question is one of formal support. But only supportive noises were heard
from that direction too.]
Harald.Alvestrand@edb.maxware.no