Re: [wg-c] Are cc:TLDs included in our Charter?

At 18:35 10-12-1999 -0500, A.M. Rutkowski wrote:
>Of course, it's regional - unless the European Union
>somehow became a country.

Dear Tony:

It's recognized such by GATT.  In all the Multilateral Negotiations of the
1970's, ending in 1979 (The "Tokyo Round of GATT"), the EC (now the EU) was
at the table with each member country also at the table.

In 1991, Japan granted the head of the EU Delegation in Japan the status of
full Ambassador.  He has a blue plate on his car with the kanji character
"Gai" with a circle around it, specifying that it is the car of the
Ambassador.  The Ambassador was my neighbor, occupying two apartments on
the same floor with Jane and me.

Regards, BobC