RE: [wg-c] Possible solution to lock in?

On 20-Nov-99 Dave Crocker wrote:

> That force only applies where there is true competition.  Initial
> purchase
> probably qualities.  Renewal definitely does not.

How do you answer the EXPERTS at the FTC who say your argument here has no
validity?  What makes you such an expert in this area that your opinion
would have more validity than theirs?

Secondly, my understanding is that any delegation contract would include
provisions for dealing with these issues and preventing that type of
gouging.  ICANN can most assuredly force registries to justify cost
increases, require that all domain charges be uniformly applied, etc.

--
William X. Walsh - DSo Internet Services
Email: william@dso.net  Fax:(209) 671-7934