Re: [wg-c] non/for-profit

Tony,

Is your offer of the sense of Ms. Berry's analysis correct? Somewhere
along the line I'd gotten the impression that Ms. Berry's analysis of
ICANN's legal incapacity for policy making was not limited to this
issue, selection of choice of legal structure for registry operators,
but rather broader.

> However, there may be narrow circumstances where non-profits may be
> appropriate.  In addition, there is Mikki Barry's analysis that it
> is unlawful and inappropriate for ICANN to be restraining competition
> by deciding business models.

If ICANN can not restrict the choice of legal structure for registry
operators on the basis offered, can it restrict the conduct of registry
operators on the same basis?

Cheers,
Eric