Re: [wg-c] Unofficial report on L.A. meeting

Apart from the obvious question of "why grant a cash-cow in the first
place?" (what the hell, why give ".web" to Chris, I want it too if it's up
for grabs, and I don't see the fact that Chris has been crying "gimme" for
much longer any basis to give it to him instead), once you DO give away a
cash cow, try taking it back (for that matter, ever tried to stop your kid
from playing Nintendo after his assigned one hour of play was up... Did he
go nicely?).
Just look at the fuss that NSI made over it. If you read the contracts, it
was more than clear that the term was 5 years and then everything goes back
to NSF. It's taken an extra two years for them to accept that they'll in
fact give it up in 4-8 years!!!
And the contract was clearly spelt out with obligations and termination
date.
In any case, IOD just wants ".web" given to them in an uncompetitive bid.
(And they keep calling it that they want competition).

Yours, John Broomfield.