Re: [wg-c] Unofficial report on L.A. meeting

At 11:15 AM 11/6/99 , Dave Crocker wrote:
view, with so many other, expert litigators quite comfortable with the path being taken.

It would be useful to cite some of the articulated, reasoned
analysis of these expert litigators who are so comfortable.

The line of argument we are being given does support the concern that starting with a for-profit makes reversing the decision much more difficult than starting with a not-for-profit.

What gives this - or any other ICANN group - the right
to restrain competition in this fashion in the provision
of name resolving services?  Answer - such a right does
not exist.  In fact, doing so is a significant liability -
both corporate and personal.  See Allied Tube.

-amr

(This is my last post in this dialogue today.)