Re: [wg-c] Unofficial report on L.A. meeting

> An agreement did emerge from the first meeting. We realized that
> the consensus on adding 6-10 new TLDs as a testbed provided a
> basis for drafting specific implementation proposals for the
> testbed period.

This must come as a profound disapointment for the co-signers of
position paper B, who carefully rejected consensus on this very
point.

>                  In other words, our task now is to propose,
> define, and discuss specific implementations of 6-10 that can
> gather widespread support among the endorsers of the different
> position papers.

This is a surprising about face for someone who only on Monday
described this very activity as a "game" he wouldn't play.

How can one reconcile the free market absolutism of pre-LA rhetoric
with pre-market constraint? As an exercise in intellectual gymnastics
it may be interesting, but I suspect only of serious interest to
those who bought the initial rationale.

Cheers,
Eric