[wg-c] Unofficial report on L.A. meeting

About 15-20 WG-C participants met in Los Angeles Wed morning to
see if any narrowing of differences could take place. We were
joined for about 30 minutes by Board member Esther Dyson. (There
may have been a second meeting around Noon, but I was unable to
attend it and look forward to reports on that if it happened.)

An agreement did emerge from the first meeting. We realized that
the consensus on adding 6-10 new TLDs as a testbed provided a
basis for drafting specific implementation proposals for the
testbed period. In other words, our task now is to propose,
define, and discuss specific implementations of 6-10 that can
gather widespread support among the endorsers of the different
position papers.

I intend to submit a proposal sometime in the next few days, and
I'm sure several others do, too.

--
m i l t o n   m u e l l e r // m u e l l e r @ s y r . e d u
syracuse university          http://istweb.syr.edu/~mueller/