RE: [wg-c] New deadlines?

	Time is flying, so let's do this:

	About a dozen people have indicated that they think more time is
needed for the initial drafts of the position papers.  In that light,
let's move the deadline for initial drafts back one week, to October 8.  I
understand Javier to have signed on to this in his message
(notwithstanding his personal belief that new time isn't necessary), so we
can treat that as a done deal.

	After the initial drafts are submitted, there needs to be a period
of time in which the proponents of each of the position papers will have
the opportunity to revise their statements.  They'll presumably seek
additional signers from the rest of the WG, and they may end up modifying
their statements, to some degree, so as to get additional signers on
board, and perhaps even merging their statements, or otherwise finding
common ground.  I don't think it makes any sense to allot less than a week
for that, so the deadline for that process will be October 15.  As soon
after that as possible, Javier and I will submit the initial report,
including an introduction drafted by us.  I expect that to require a short
extension past the October 15 deadline, but with luck we can keep it
minimal.

Jon

Jonathan Weinberg
co-chair, WG-C