RE: [wg-c] IMPORTANT MESSAGE RE: WG-C

	Any WG member can write a position paper for October 1.  (Any WG member
who thinks there's a significant chance that her or she won't be happy
supporting any of the other position papers *should* write one of his or
her own.)  During the week ending October 8, the proponents of each of the
position papers submitted on October 1 will have the opportunity to revise
their statements.  They'll presumably seek additional signers from the rest
of the WG, and they may end up modifying their statements, to some degree,
so as to get additional signers on board.  To the extent that drafters of
different position papers end up merging their statements, or otherwise
finding common ground, that's great.  (That is, it will look funny if we
have a really large number of position papers in the interim report, each
signed by only a few people.  But each of you is the master of his or her
own position paper, and his or her own vote.)

	Again, I apologize for the tight time-frame.  It's forced on us, though,
by the NC's desire to see an interim report by Oct. 15.

Jon

Jonathan Weinberg
co-chair, WG-C
weinberg@msen.com