[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[wg-c] SV: Consensus and compromises...
Dear Javier and All others,
In a try to summarize the discussion so far, I would say that I see possibilities to reach a rough consensus on a few more items:
1) There should be new gTLDs, provided that
2) there are linked to a speedy and effective dispute resolution process (details to be suggested by others), and
3) an easy and cost-effective system for obtaining full contact information
4) there should be a limited number of new gTLDs to start with (some "how", "how many" and "which" questions remains to be answered),
5) followed by an evaluation period ("how long", "what shall be evaluated", "by whom" and "for what purpuse" remains).
INHO, this is the result of the work of this WG so far, but it is at least a starting point. I do not believe that we will be able to make consensus on all the remaining questions ("the details") but I do believe that we can all agree with the general idea listed above.
Från: Javier <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Till: email@example.com <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Datum: den 12 september 1999 12:23
>This group has reached full consensus on only one item: that there should
>be new gTLDs.
>Any further discussion of this issue only distracts the seach for consensus
>on other issues.