Re: [wg-c] Well, maybe this won't work

We can constantly start over, each time changing the approach, the
methodology, or whatever.

Or we can try to make progress down a single path and work through the details.

It is certain that constantly deciding that a current approach is the wrong
one will guarantee taking an infinite amount of time to reach a conclusion.

d/

At 04:43 PM 9/11/99 , John Charles Broomfield wrote:
>Iam getting more and more convinced that we're being asked to put the cart
>in front of the horse.
>The question of "should there be more gTLDs?" apart from the overly
>defensive trademark lobbies seems to be answered by most by "yes".
>Unfortunately, it's a rather meaningless question.
>
>I *feel* that the question of "what criteria should be used to choose
>registry operating entities?" is nearly as meaningless, as we need to know
>exactly what type of beast we're talking about with respect to TLDs before
>we can know what we want to ask from the enities that
>operate/maintain/run/manage (take your pick) them.
>
>If we don't know under what are the rules (for example: is it a background

Dave Crocker                                         Tel: +1 408 246 8253
Brandenburg Consulting                               Fax: +1 408 273 6464
675 Spruce Drive                             <http://www.brandenburg.com>
Sunnyvale, CA 94086 USA                 <mailto:dcrocker@brandenburg.com>