Re: [wg-c] compromise proposal

> At 10:34 AM 9/2/99 , Jonathan Weinberg wrote:
> >phased rollout of hundreds or more) is one to add 6-10 gTLDs followed by
> >an evaluation.  If we can achieve rough consensus, we've done a
>
> Why not try for the mean of 13 per six months?  ICANN can
> at least claim that it's maintaining the norm in expanding
> the DNS database at that TLD level.

ccTLD not equal gTLD

ccTLD has the possibility of local government as ultimate authority.

We are here trying to hash out what and how is the authority for gTLDs.

The mean that you refer to is of ccTLD additions. Apples and pears.

However, if you believe that from the current starting point of 3 gTLDs, it
would be a good idea to aim at adding 13 every 6 months, then that's fine by
me. All I'm pointing out is that the ccTLD analogy is a very bad one as it
introduces confusion.

Yours, John Broomfield.