Re: [wg-c] straw vote -- question one results & call for votes on remaining questions

> > Both you and Chris are here and we're all working together. However, if
> > tomorrow you claim that IOD's ".web" or your root servers are a result of
> > working with ICANN then I'd cry foul very loudly.
>
> Unless, of course, ICANN were advising IOD on how to set up .web, what
> language to use for disclaimers and dispute policy, and operational
> guidelines. Then such a claim would be true.

I was trying to indicate that if from the fact that you are posting messages
on an ICANN WG list, from there you wish to extrapolate that ICANN and IOD
are working together on ".web", then I'd cry foul.
Your posting messages on WG-C is NOT equal to ICANN and IOD working together
about ".web".
If ICANN were to advise IOD how to operate ".web" and IOD decided to work
with ICANN on that matter, then it's something completely different to what
we are talking about.
The one does not exclude the other.
You would then be arguing and explaing where/why/how ICANN & IOD would be
working together. You would not claim that the fact that you post messages
on WG-C means that ICANN & IOD work together.

> > NO alternative root server confederation EVER produced ANYTHING as a
> result
> > of working with IANA.
>
> Again this is just not true. You are wrong. If you continue to demand that
> what you are saying is true, it might even be correct to say that you
> are lying. I just think that you don't realize that you're wrong. I don't
> ask that you take my word for it, though.
> Christopher

Obviously I suspect you will claim some sort of "I can't tell you about it"
or "it's secret" or "I will not reveal IOD's business plan" or something
along those lines to backup what you are saying.
I see NOTHING that ANY alternative RSC ever produced as a result of working
with IANA. When does belief become a fact? I believe that 2+2 equals 4. Is
that belief or fact?
There is no such product. It is very easy to affirm "oh yes there is" and
then go and hide in a corner and not point out what this marvelous product
of cooperative work with IANA is. It is not very productive either.

Yours, John Broomfield.